PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Beautiful Rosette's

I found this fun piece in the garage of a lady who was getting rid of some of their antique's.  I fell for this one because I have a thing for small pieces.  I have to admit though, the decorations on the front,or the large rosettes are kind of funky.  I can't decide if I like them because I've never seen one's this big, or because they are cool looking, I can't decide which.  Either way I really like this piece.


It's really well made so I'll just add some homemade chalk paint and restain the top.


I used Swiss Coffee for the body and plaster of paris for the homemade chalk paint recipe. 


The mixture for the chalk paint is 3 parts paint to 1 part plaster of paris.  Mix the plaster of paris with a little water first so that you get all of the lumps out of it.  Add it to your paint and then add just a little more water to that mixture until you get the right consistancy.  This recipe has always worked for me and I love how easy it is.


I stained it with Min Wax dark walnut and then used rub on Min Wax poly to seal the whole thing.


I distressed it before using the rub on poly, and also used Rustoleum bronze spray for the hardware.  I love how it turned out.



                                                       Thanks so much for stopping by,
                                            I love your comments and new follower's as well.

10 comments:

  1. Wow - absolutely gorgeous - love the details -
    Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, it's a stunning piece now. well done. I have recently used the homemade chalk paint with that recipe. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Stunning! its all in the details:)Love the top and the contrast it presents! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi!

    I am really loving this piece! I will be painting and staining my dining room hutch in this color scheme. What brand is the Swiss Coffee paint? Is it a flat paint?

    Thanks for sharing this at my party :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesdays Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet find!!! I love the transformation! I use the same recipe for my homemade chalk paint ~ it hasn't failed me yet! :) Hopped over from MMS and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit and follow me back. From one painter to another ~ Judy @ www.vintagestreetdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. those details are so cool! and love that gorgeous wood top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sweet piece. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exactly the color combo I am looking for my desk re-do! I have a silly question to ask though, as I am new to painting white... what exactly do you mean by "chalk paint"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is exactly the color combo I am looking for my desk re-do! I have a silly question to ask though, as I am new to painting white... what exactly do you mean by "chalk paint"?

    ReplyDelete