I love Craigslist, it's where I find 95% of all my furniture, including this one.
So the high gloss needs to go (I'm thinking something a little warmer) as well as all those paint runs. There are several places on the skirt that are broken so I will be gluing and clamping today. The top is in rough condition so it definitely can't be stained. There are places that look like something really hot was left on it because it's bubbled and has lifted. I will be sanding a lot inside the drawers and on the side's of the drawers because there is red spray paint all over the place.
I'm working on about four dressers right now but you can see the red paint on the back of the small drawer. The other drawer that looks red belongs to another dresser and I will have to use an oil base primer on that one, bummer.
So I finally got all the red paint concealed and the hole's patched. I painted her in Sherwin Williams graycon green, which is one of my favorite colors. I used a Val spar glaze on it and then finished with Min Wax rub on poly. The color is darker then the picture so I tried some indoor and out door pictures.
resituated it more then once and it still stuck when I was done with it. The down side was that the dollar store had two pattern's in stock so if you see any and like it, grab it.
The last photo is truest to it's real color (I need a new camera), it's a color that would go with about anything.
Thanks for stopping by, I love your comments and follower's as well.