The drawer front was in one of the other drawers so I assumed that the missing handles were too. I was wrong, There were three of them missing. I went on a search to find the exact handles so I could save myself some money by not having to buy all new one's. I couldn't find anything like these so I bit the bullet and bought some new one's. Darn. I wanted to update it though, and the new handles did just that.I found some knobs that I liked but of course they didn't fit the exsisting holes so out came the wood filler. What I used was Elmers wood filler that I've used a lot and really like it because it dries fast and is easy to sand off. It also paints really well.
While I was waiting for this to dry I started to glue the fronts on the drawers and clamping them together. Then I painted the body of the dresser a high gloss white. I like it for dressers because it washes so well. I already had some paint on hand and just used that. Love it when I don't have to go out and spend any money on a cheap project.
I finished sanding the dry wood filler off the fronts and painted them as well. It was really starting to look nice. My hubby drilled new holes for the knobs that I had picked up, while I finished the last coat of paint. Yeahh, time to put the new knobs on. And here it is. The stickers are all gone and it has a new coat of paint as well as sporting new knobs. It turned out really good, and what I like best is the way the knobs gave it an updated look. Doesn't she look pretty, nice and clean. and so sturdy.