PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Not Mellow Yellow

About a month ago I was at an estate sale.  It was a really good one except the good stuff was already sold.  I'd walk by a dresser that I really wanted only to see the "sold", sign on it.  You get your hopes up and then they're smashed.  There were two stories to the house so I had fun looking around, but, I went to get something!  Do you ever feel that way, like you're really missing out if you don't get something?  Well I did see something that I liked the legs on it, in fact thats all I really liked.  So I bought it, yeahhhh I got something.  Then I got in the car and looked at it again and asked myself, "what are you going to do with that"?  You'll see what I mean.


That door laying in it, well it belongs to some other piece of furniture, not this one.  I don't really even think the legs are that great.... okay I got caught up in the moment.  Since that door doesn't go with it I guess I will have to fill the two groove's on the bottom with wood glue, where a door should go to slide back and forth.


As you can see I decided to paint it yellow.  I have always loved the color yellow but have never had the opportunity to use that color on furniture for my house, it wouldn't fit in too good.  But I threw caution to the wind and decided to go for it.  I started to really like my little night stand/old fashioned record holder/box with legs.  What ever you call it, I like it, and I found a use for it


In my craft room I had these things and more (I didn't want to clutter it up for the picture) just sitting on the floor.  So I decided that that room needed this bright, happy, stand.  It did turn out good and goes well with the colors that are already in that room as you can see.  I don't feel the five dollars spent on it was wasted at all.



I painted it inside and out with Valspar satin latex in the sample size at Lowe's, my favorite store ever.  Good thing I got the sample size because I got two other one's before I got the one I used.  I will make good use of the other samples eventually.  I was going to glaze it but decided to leave it fresh and bright.  It turned out to be a fun little project.

7 comments:

  1. What a great spruce up...good thing you brought it home because it has so much great potential. And aren't paint samples just great? I think I have more of them than I do regular sized paint cans...such a great way to save money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really like this table. Great fix. And yes, I sometimes feel I just have to get "something", anything, LOL (blushes):). Matter of fact yesterday for the first time in a long time I walked away from two sales with nothing. Go me! :)

    Thanks for the idea to use samples. I am new to this whole process so can use a tidbit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shade of yellow. Such a pretty stand now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sandy! And love the yellow! I think that might be my new favorite color.

    Rachel
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your little cabinet thingy turned out great! I'm not a fan of yellow, but I like it on this piece.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the color is awesome!
    spot on shade of yellow.

    the miller's
    prezidential life

    ReplyDelete