I went to pick a dresser up the other day that I had seen on Craigslist, and you know how pictures just don't tell the whole story about the piece, right? The lady took me out in the garage to show me the dresser, which was hard to see because of all the other "stuff" in the garage. When I finally spotted the dresser I first noticed the little flowers that were around the "missing knobs". The whole dresser was painted a really awful brown, but I kept going back to the little flowers, and thinking to myself how cute they would look on a little girls dresser. Sorry I don't have a before picture of the drawers, but you get the idea.
I decided to go a head with making it into a girls dresser like I had envisioned it. So I primed it with Valspar primer and then lightly sanded it. Years ago I was given a handy tip, if you have a brown paper sack you can use that for your sand paper on the coats of paint that you just want knocked down a bit.
It turned out just like I wanted it to. It was fun doing a project that was a girly, girl, one. Now I can't wait to find something that inspires me to do it specifically for a boy.
This is after adding poka dot shelf liner in pastel pinks and a rag quilt I made for my grandkids. And of course a favorite buddy of theirs.