PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sugar & Coffee to Beautiful Vase

I saw these canister's in Goodwill and grabbed them right up.  I had already bought some really fresh looking flowers at Micheal's and was looking for just the right vase, and these were the right one's, with a little work.  Sorry about the dark picture's.





I washed them really good and then primed them.  that was all the prep I had to do, (no sanding, yeah)
 I chose to use Valspar black and cream spray paint.  I sprayed them twice  to get a really good, even coat.  Then I went down to our local craft store and bought three decals.  I put the two  together and........TAAADAAA.


As you can see they aren't exactly on my fire place mantle (but they could be), but they're on a more important mantle, the back ot the toilet!!!  You know when I walk in the bathroom and see them with that beautiful green flower in them, well I just smile.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Memorial Day! Oh, I love this and what a great idea! Wish I could find canisters this pretty.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good makeover and these turned out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I have some of those from my wedding that I have never used. I think you have shown me a good use for them

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, those are so cute! I love spray paint!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my own.
    Do you need any coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!


    Here is my blog; cardsharing tata sky

    ReplyDelete