PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 11, 2011

Details, Details...

This fall I was out yardsaling and not having much luck.  At the beginning of the summer it seemed like every yard sale I went to was a good one.   Then I had a really long dry run, none of them were any good.  At one of the last yard sales of the season I happen to spot this end table
and another end table that was just as old.  This one has so much detail on
it, I just knew that it would look beautiful in white.


I started to paint it in ascp but it immediately bled through.  I then pulled out the oil based Kilz primer and gave it a good coat of that. 


I wanted the top to be stained so I sanded it down really good.  It sanded off in a reddish color.


I stained it in Min Wax dark stain and then used rub on poly on the top.  I put on about three to four coats of poly.  I then distressed the whole piece which took some time because of all the detailing.
I knew it would be beautiful when it was done though, and it was.


This little gem sold within the first hour of the show, I really hated to part with it though.  Sometimes I would just like to keep them all.


Thanks for stopping by, I love your comments and followers as well.
Sandi




10 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully. Kilz to rescue again. :0 I really like the dark stain top with the creamy white. Thanks for linking this to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hopped on over from Homemaker on a Dime to check out this lovely. You did a wonderful job pulling out those details! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty -all those details! Love what you did with it :) Visiting from Coastal Charm - Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, and I love that you kept the top dark, wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job! It looks just lovely!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! he dark top looks gorgeous, and yes, all those amazing details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, unusuall piece, I like to keep everything too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning unique piece! I would have a really hard time parting with this one....I doubt that I could.

    You KNOW a piece is great when it sells right away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That turned out so gorgeous. I've never seen a table like that before. I'd love it if you'd share this at my Saturday Splendour Party at www.megandmums.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely would have wanted to keep that one too, the details are so amazingly pretty!

    ReplyDelete