PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 16, 2012

From White to Tuscan Russet

I was browsing through craigslist the other day and came across this little white dresser for $10.  I couldn't get them called fast enough and luckily I was the who called first.  I have read several blogs lately where bloggers feel just like I do, tired of painting with white.  I love white but am ready to change it up a bit.  White is the best seller for me so I will always use it 99.9% of the time, but what the hey..... it's 2012, time to shake it up a bit (I'm so wild aren't I?)  Here's the before picture, pretty tired and sad isn't she?


I gave it a good washing then lightly sanded and primed it.  I sanded the top all the way down to the wood because I was hoping to stain the top.  Unfortunately the top had deep marks in it because there was a lot of wood filler on it. 


Instead of staining it I decided to paint it with ASCP in graphite so I could keep it dark.  I then did the body in Behr's Tuscan Russet.  After painting it I glazed it with Valspar's glaze, which I love.  It was fun painting with such a dark color, but now we'll see how fast it sells.  Doesn't it look so much better?


To finish it off I lined the drawers with fabric, and what a nice surprise for who ever opens the drawers.



  Have a great day.

Thanks for stopping by, I love your comments and followers as well!

20 comments:

  1. That looks like the American Heritage fabric from Joann's. Love the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tuscan color. I know white furniture is all over blog land. But I think dark furniture makes a home feel so warm and inviting. Nice job on the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! You definitely brought life back into this dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh, love the red! Very bold and awesome choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the makeover is absolutely gorgeous. That will be sold before you know it.
    I follow a blog here in Australia called Meg and Mums. Meg does stuff very similar to you and has a blog weekly party. You might like to visit.
    jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this color! I have a cream desk I need to paint and this just might be the color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see something other than white in furniture. Great foresight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! What a transformation!

    Thanks for sharing it on Tell it to Me Tuesday @ Creatively Living!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love me some red, glad I popped in from Kims party this is an awesome make-over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I just painted a table red and think it's so much fun! Yours is great! Come show it off at my place!
    Melody
    ChattyChics.com
    http://chattychics.com/2012/01/17/need-inspiration-wild-wednesdays/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful piece now! I'll be surprised if it doesn't sell, a piece done that well in such nice color and finish would sell here. I linked over from Creatively Living, glad I did.
    Janet
    craftythriftydecoratingwifemom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, I love everything you have done here! Beautiful work. You inspire me so much. I will be back many times to see what else you have done or are doing. Sorry about the plastic lid, but I am glad you finally pried it off. Now on to painting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful job! I love the red color. And I agree that there's so much white around that the red is interesting and warm. I hope it sells quickly for you. I'm your newest follower and I hope you can pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the color combo! the trim and the handles! great job!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color! I am a big fan of red, and have been looking for the right one to paint a bookshelf. I will have to check Tuscan Russet out. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As white it needed a lot of love...and you gave it to it. Looks great.
    http://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi!

    You gave it a great makeover and please let us know when it sells! I have noticed a lot of color coming back, especially lt-med blue. How does that sell for you?

    Thanks for sharing this at the Bunny Hop Party this week :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why hello, stunning makeover, how lovely you look today! I'd be thrilled if you'd come and link this fabulousness up to the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! What a transformation. It looks great. Thanks so much for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete